Gay Travel Destination Guide
It one of the USA’s two Great Gay-male retirement destinations. You’ll find more Big Muscle Silver Daddies in Palm Springs than anywhere in the world. But young men are also moving to and living in Palm Springs. Why? It’s cheaper than the alternatives in California and its a hot weather Gay enclave. For sure its a hot spot.
Very hot. Today’s high temperature is 120 degrees F. (54 C)
What makes Palm Springs special? Friendly Locals. I have numerous good friends there. Most have moved from San Francisco. Gay Places. Gay Bars. Gay Stores, Gay Hotels, Gay Sex Resorts, Gay Restaurants. Its a big sunny Gay Bubble. And it has a huge Marilyn Monroe statue. You can’t get Gayer than that.
E. Arenas Road is like the Gay Boulevard. It is home to Street Bar, Score the Game Bar, Chill Bar, Quadz, Spurline, and Hunters.
Palm Springs has an all LGBTI Democrat City Council.
Accommodations for Gay Men
El Mirasol Villas: My personal favorite. Relaxed, Super Clean, and close to other places where you can go play.
Indulge Palm Springs: Gay Resort and Playground for Men
Triangle Inn: Fun place to stay. always something going on.
Santiago Resort: Luxury Botique Gay Male Get-away
Tortuga del Sol: Clothing Optional Gay Resort. Somewhat dated
Palm Springs Gay Bars
Hunters Bar: If not sure where to go, go to Hunters first. Its a fun, friendly bar with great music.
Tool Shed – A great place on a sunny Sunday afternoon and most nights
QUADZ Palm Springs (formerly Spurline): Video Bar with frequent musical entertainment and great drink specials. Fun Friendly place,
Street Bar: Karaoke Bar
Retroroom Lounge: Jello shots, Keraoke and Drink Specials Every Night
Score Bar: Neighborhood Game/ Sports Bar
Why do Gay Men Love Palm Springs:
- Its a Gay-Male centric place.
- The weather is hot and dry. Its great in the winter. And much better than a San Francisco summer.
- Los Angeles and San Diego are just a couple hours away, depending on traffic
- There is transcendent beauty to the desert and the moutains
- Its in California, the growth engine of America and home to so many great National Parks
- Its less expensive and much more affordable than the San Francisco Bay Area
- It has great Health Care and HIV services
- Weed is essentially legal and easy to get
Palm Springs vs. Fort Lauderdale?
- California is a Democrat state with excellent Government Services and Health Care
- Florida has no State Income Tax
- Fort Lauderdale has the Beach
- Fort Lauderdale has Mosquitos and Hurricanes
- Both are ethnically diverse, but a different mix
- Both are relative inexpensive. But Home Affordability is better in the Fort Lauderdale area
- Nightlife is comparable. Both have a wide mix of bar types and gay establishments
- Palm Springs has White Party; Fort Lauderdale has Pig Week
- Palm Springs is close enough to drive to many great places; Fort Lauderdale is close to Miami, Boca, Orlando, and Key West
- In the era of Trump, you can be certain that California will continue to have good HIV Services and Health Care. In Florida, it may all go away.
- Palm Springs has Mid-Century Modern
Palm Springs Events
25 – 29 October 2018
3 – 5 November 2018
14 – 25 February
Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. At Indio, 23 miles from Palm Springs,
26-29 April 2019